Massages can be particularly beneficial for your postnatal health and has several benefits. Pregnancy is a phase of changes and is marked by a host of emotional, psychological and physical changes in the woman’s body. If you have had massages during your pregnancy time, you must be already aware of the benefits of massages to the female body.
However, there are a lot of people who do not get an opportunity to get prenatal massages. Fortunately, you can still get benefited by a postnatal massage. Basically, a postnatal massage allows you the time to pamper yourself post all the trials and tribulations that a pregnancy has inflicted upon you. Massage does not only help you recover on the physical level, but it also helps you recover at the mental and emotional level.
In fact, one of the key benefits of a postnatal massage is to help you handle the staggering emotions that you may be filled with post childbirth. The birth of a child and becoming a mother can fill you with mixed emotions. While you may be triumphal to have your bundle of joy, it is evident that you will have some apprehensions about this new found role.
Contrary to popular belief, a postnatal massage is more helpful for mothers who have had a rocky childbirth experience. Therefore, if you have had an unplanned C-section or the procedure did not go as expected, this massage can do wonders for you. Now that we have covered how a massage can improve your mental and emotional health, let us have a look at the physical benefits of getting a massage.
The most obvious benefit of a massage is that it relieves muscular pain and detoxifies your body like nothing else. This is particularly true for oil massages from the Malay and Indian origin that use natural oils for massages. In addition, a massage can help you in dealing with the discomfort of constipation and all the other common conditions that are known to occur post-pregnancy. Day to day activities and a rushed life with the baby is sure to take a toll on you. Although these techniques have been developed and extensively used by the Malay and Indians, these massages can be used by the Chinese as well.
Activities like lifting objects and doing household errands, in addition to taking care of the baby, can cause pain in the back and legs. Besides, pregnancy is usually followed by imbalances in the body. Moreover, if you have had a C-section, adhesion may also be present in your body. A postnatal massage helps you deal with these issues in a safe and natural manner.
Most women are unaware about the different aspects of postnatal massage and this lead to a number of questions in their mind that are left unanswered. To start with, let us answer the first question that may have come to your mind, ‘When can I have my first massage?’ The answer to this question depends on how smoothly your pregnancy and childbirth procedure went. If you had an uncomplicated childbirth, there is no limiting factor for you, and you can choose to go for a massage as soon as you feel that you are ready for it. However, if you had c-section, you can start to have your postnatal massage usually on or after the 10th day of your delivery.
- help improves blood circulation
- relieve tense muscles
- lift the womb and keep it from sagging
- expel ‘lochia’ and trapped winds and toxins
- flatten the abdomen
- hasten the shrinkage of the enlarged Uterus
- breakdown stubborn body fat to its pre-pregnancy size
- shape and speed up overall recovery
The postnatal massage package includes:-
- Herbal Bath
- Bertangas to remove the wind and help shrink the vagina and uterus
- Traditional Malay postnatal massage (Urut Bersalin)
- Heat treatment / Hot stone therapy (Bertungku)
- Wearing of abdominal wrap (Berbengkung)
- Param to shrink back muscles and the swollen veins
- Application of calming paste (Pilis)
- Herbal body scrub (Lulur Badan) – for 7, 10 and 14 days packages
For postnatal massage services, be prepared to spend an approximately TWO hours per session with our professional therapists, even longer if breastfeeding breaks included in between.
ADD ON Services:
- Baby Bath, Massage and Tuam (hot stone on tummy) – RM 50 per session
- Closing Package for Confinement (Penutup Pantang):
- One Session RM 300 (NP: RM 330)
- Two Sessions RM 580 (NP: RM 660)
- Three Sessions RM 750 (NP: RM 990)
Terms and Conditions:
- Massage sessions are conducted in the comfort and convenience of the client’s house.
- Our massage therapists are local Malay ladies with many years of experience, trained and certified in traditional Malay prenatal and postnatal massage.
- Full payment is required for confirmation of service for 3 days package.
- A deposit of RM 1000 is payable upon confirmation of service for 5 to 14 days packages. Balance payment must be made before or latest by the first day of treatment. We reserve the right to terminate the service if payment is not fully received on time.
- Appointment cancellation or postponement must be communicated at least TWO (2) days before agreed appointment date and time.
- All massage packages must be utilized within three calendar months from the client’s estimated due date. Unutilized sessions will be forfeited. Unutilized massage packages are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Payment made is not refundable but transferable.
- Confinement Care Malaysia PLT shall not be liable for any special or consequential damages that may result from the use of our service.
- The management of Confinement Care Malaysia PLT reserves the right to amend the prices, and the terms and conditions without prior notice.