by Confinement Care Malaysia | Oct 30, 2021
With this guide, you will learn more about milk formulas, including how to store them, how long you can keep them, and how to prepare them. Read on to discover how!
Formula milk plays an important role in your child’s development, and one of the best you can find in the market is Friso Gold 3. It is packed with essential nutrients such as Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E and C, Taurine, Selenium, GOS, Zinc and DHA to support your child’s overall growth and natural body resistance. Once you have the right formula milk for your child, the next step is to learn how to prepare, feed, and store it when needed.
Preparation and storage tips
First and foremost, thoroughly clean the drinking container or cup so that there will be no bacteria lingering. After preparing the bottle of formula, the can of milk powder should be tightly sealed and kept in a cool and dry place. IMPORTANT: Avoid using expired formula or formula from a dented can as it might be contaminated with bacteria. In case you were wondering, Friso Gold 3 formula milk powder for children has a shelf life of 2 years.
How long does milk formulas last after they are mixed?
There will be times when your child doesn’t want to immediately drink the milk formula that you have prepared. If that happens, you can keep the formula for up to 1 hour at room temperature.
If your child is taking Friso Gold 3, it is always best for them to drink it within an hour after mixing. This is because it is specially formulated with LocNutri™ technology, where only mild heat treatment is used during the milk manufacturing process to preserve nutrients in its native structure. This prevents the proteins from getting damaged or destroyed, and helps prevent indigestion, colic, constipation and general stomach discomfort. By drinking the already-mixed milk formula within the hour, it will not only reduce the chances of bacterial growth, but your child can also easily digest and absorb the nutrients they need.
IMPORTANT: Do not keep any leftover milk formula. While it is unlikely, there is a chance that bacteria may have formed since then, so always discard leftovers no matter how much.
Can mixed milk formulas be stored in the fridge?
Some children actually prefer cold or room-temperature milk over warm ones, so it is actually fine to store them in the fridge. Just follow the within-1-hour rule of thumb to prevent bacteria from accumulating. Unlike some other formulas, you cannot keep a bottle of mixed Friso Gold 3 in the fridge for 24 hours or more.
Here’s an additional tip: Never use a microwave to reheat a chilled milk formula from the fridge. It can form dangerous “hot spots” that may burn your child when they drink it. Instead, go for the proper and safer option of either running the milk bottle under hot water, using a bottle warmer, or placing it in a pan with lukewarm water. Before feeding the reheated milk formula, shake the bottle vigorously and test the temperature by squirting a few drops on your inner wrist. If it burns, let it rest for a few minutes before checking again.
by Confinement Care Malaysia | May 19, 2020
Exercise during pregnancy does wonders for moms-to-be. Below are some pointers:
- It increases energy level and reduces fatigue,
- It boosts mood and improves sleep,
- It reduces pregnancy aches and pains,
- It helps prevent and treat gestational diabetes,
- It prepares you for childbirth by strengthening muscles and building endurance, and
- It helps you much easier to get back to pre-pregnancy size after childbirth.
As such, it is recommended to have at least 30 minutes a day of exercise during pregnancy. The following activities are usually safe for expectant mothers, although some of them may not work for you during the last few months of your pregnancy. Make sure you consult your healthcare provider before embarking on any exercise regimen.
Flexibility and Strength Exercises for Moms-to-be
Yoga is good for expectant mothers because it helps them learn to breathe deeply and relax, which will come in handy as they face the physical demands of labour, birth, and motherhood. In fact, one of the first things they will learn in a prenatal yoga class is the correct breathing technique. Yoga poses can help strengthen hips, back, arms and shoulders and improve the overall flexibility of moms-to-be.
Stretching is ideal for keeping one’s body limber and relaxed and preventing muscle strain, especially for moms-to-be.
by Confinement Care Malaysia | May 19, 2020
Doctors and physicians recommend that mothers should breastfeed their children for at least a period of six months. However, most women find it difficult to reach that mark. Therefore, it is beneficial to know the exact set of steps and guidelines that you must follow for training your own self and your baby for breastfeeding. A confinement nanny can help you in instructing you as to what is right for you and what is not. In order to help you with breastfeeding, here are a few points for you to consider. These points are as follows –
- The commonest mistake people make while breastfeeding is that they believe that breastfeeding will hurt them as a norm. They usually associate breastfeeding with sore nipples and believe that breastfeeding needs a lot of courage and tolerance. On the other hand, if the baby is able to latch onto the nipple properly, there is no reason why breastfeeding should hurt you.
- The primary reason breastfeeding hurts women is because their babies do not know how to breastfeed. In fact, they nipple feed. In order to teach your child, you must hold your breast in a firm manner creating a pointing shape. You must then bring the baby closer to you and put your nipple into the mouth of the baby deep enough to ensure that you are not hurt as a result.
- You baby will be able to breastfeed properly only if he or she is well supported. Therefore, it is best to hold the body of the baby along the spine and put a hand at the head’s base to get the baby’s body in a stable position.
- You can also use the rapid arm movement technique to make breastfeeding comfortable for both your baby and you. The movement helps the baby to take the breast nicely into his or her mouth and should cause minimal discomfort to you.
- You may feel uncomfortable the first couple of times that the baby latches onto the breast. It is normal for that to happen. However, with time, the baby shall learn the process and you will also get used to the activity. Therefore, with time breastfeeding will hurt you less.
- It is commonly observed that mothers start feeling thirsty before and after breastfeeding sessions. Therefore, keep a bottle of water handy while you are getting into a breastfeeding session. You will need water before and after the session. You can expect to need more water than usual. Therefore, ensure that you keep enough water with you.
It is important for you to realize that your diet must include healthy foods and enough nutrients to keep up with the needs of your body. Some good foods to include in your diet are seeds, nuts, sugar-free breakfast cereals, fresh fruits, yogurt, cheese and snacks like biscuits and veggies.
- Junk food is detrimental to your health, and it is all the worse for your system when you are attempting to recover from the challenges of pregnancy. Sweet biscuits, pastries, chips, lollies, and cakes can be very bad for your health and will not do anything good for your system. Try to incorporate high-sugar treats and high-fat snacks in between meals.
- One nutrient that pregnancy depletes the most is your body’s iron reserve. However, iron is essential for the daily and normal functioning of the body. In order to replenish the reserves, you can incorporate leafy green vegetables, nuts, seeds, lentils, legumes, cereals, and wholegrain bread. Besides, chicken, meat, and fish are also good components to incorporate.
- Alcohol is instantly absorbed in your system. However, it takes close to or more than two hours to get out of the system completely. Therefore, it is best to avoid alcohol altogether. However, if that is not possible for you, you must ensure that you do not consume alcohol immediately before breastfeeding. An occasional beer or wine is fine.
- Like alcohol, caffeine is also absorbed into your breast milk and passed onto the baby. Moreover, caffeine is bad for the baby, and the only way you can avoid the situation is by ensuring that you take in limited amounts of caffeine. This does not mean that caffeine usage is banned for you if you are breastfeeding. However, it sure must be limited to a bare minimum.
Breastfeeding is meant to be a satisfying and fulfilling experience and should not hurt you in any way. A confinement nanny can help you identify issues and address them in the best possible manner. Besides, if there are issues that require medical attention, the confinement nanny can help you identify emergencies. Regardless of whether you are an Indian, a Chinese or Malay (Muslim), you can use the information provided in the article to ensure that your breastfeeding sessions are smooth.
by Confinement Care Malaysia | Dec 23, 2019
There is a spot of disputation over what a confinement nanny ought to be relied upon to do when they are hired to work. It is a given that a confinement nanny will help with all facets of looking after the baby. However, how far would it be a good idea for them to head off to help the new mother? Would it be a good idea for them to be relied upon to do any of the greater parts of the accompanying things? For instance:-
- Wash laundry for the whole family
- Cook dinners for the whole family
- Attend to older children in the family
- Scrub kitchen and bathrooms
- Scrub floors
- Wash dishes
- Clean up post dinners
- Serve guests
For a majority of these things, a confinement nanny might say truly no. The differences need to be made between a maid or general helper for the home and a confinement nanny or a postnatal midwife. It’s like employing a babysitter to help deal with babies. They are there for childcare, not to perform housework or to manage the administration of the house.
There are diverse sorts of procured assistance and a caretaker employed particularly for the postnatal period is unique in relation to all different sorts of assistance. This caretaker is responsible for serving to administer the baby, however possibly other kids in the home. They are responsible for determining the mother is getting an adequate amount of rest and is recovering as she may as well. This doesn’t fundamentally imply that the confinement nanny may as well cook suppers for the whole family and do every living soul’s laundry.
The occupation of a confinement nanny must not reflect that of a cleaning specialist enlisted to keep the house clean. There must be a line where the obligations of the confinement nanny are regarded, and lines are not crossed. Some confinement nanny will venture up and do these other family unit errands. However, they will normally need to be adjusted for additional exertion. Others will just do a particular rundown of errands that are regularly wanted of a confinement nanny.
When you contact an agency to contract a confinement nanny, you may as well have an exceptional thought of what amount of help will be required, to what extent the administration will be required, and particularly what obligations need to be secured. You can then impart your requirements plainly to a confinement nanny to check whether he or she can suit the greater part of the aforementioned necessities. In the event that they don’t, you will either need to utilize an alternate administrative help or enlist more than one individual to ensure that everything is secured.
Case in point, you may need to contract a confinement nanny to watch over yourself and the baby while enlisting low maintenance caretaker to nurture other kids in the home until the time you are back on your feet. You may require a confinement nanny and low-maintenance housekeeper who comes in for the heavier cleaning and getting. All said and done, it is beneficial for you to be extremely clear about what you anticipate from your confinement nanny.
For more information about the confinement nanny services provided by Confinement Care Malaysia, check out our Live-in and Part-time Confinement Services.
by Confinement Care Malaysia | Jan 11, 2019
Choosing whether or not to contract a confinement nanny is a major ordeal. In a way, you are welcoming somebody into your home, giving them access to your house, and permitting them to see you in a more defenseless condition. Mentioned hereunder are five signs that will indicate that you need to contract a confinement nanny:
Unsure about Postnatal Care and Possess Doubts
Most ladies have a million inquiries regarding pregnancy, conveyance, and life in the wake of having the baby. If you are approaching the due date and there are a few inquiries yet unanswered about dealing with the baby and your own self, the time is now, and contracting a confinement nanny can help you significantly. This is the speediest and most proficient approach to get replies to the greater part of the aforementioned inquiries you have at this moment in addition to the numerous more that are set to surface once you carry the baby home.
Inquiries are never unanswered when you have a talented, proficient confinement nanny. This is one of the heading explanations ladies employ confinement nannies. They don’t need to ponder about things since they could be in a flash educated.
This is a sign that you have to contract a confinement nanny. New moms who aren’t open to looking after and holding their baby, battle a great deal more than sure moms who have a tendency to take to parenthood characteristically. Provided that you aren’t feeling this way and aren’t certain about your capability to administer to the sum of the infant’s requirements, then it is best to simply enlist somebody who can give you some support.
You don’t need to let the confinement nanny do everything for your child. You can in any case stay in control; however you will have more trust in your own particular capabilities when somebody is there to help you and to put your insecurities to rest. If you don’t feel good alone with the child, employ a confinement nanny quickly. This is vital!
Women with Challenging Pregnancies
Assuming that your pregnancy has been riddled with complications, you will rest more than other women throughout the restriction period. Employ a confinement nanny so you can rest legitimately and mend quicker.
No Household Help Available
Why do everything on your own and worry yourself when you don’t need to? Assuming that you don’t have others around the house to bail you out once a day, enlist a confinement nanny for no less than a brief time of time. Don’t belittle how occupied your existence will come to be with an infant.
Give the Best to your Baby
This is exceptionally basic. When you need without a doubt the best for your child, you procure a confinement nanny.
A confinement nanny is a necessity for both new mothers and experienced mothers as every pregnancy is different and so is every baby. A confinement nanny can help you deal with these variations in a positive manner.
So if you are wondering how you will get through confinement, a nanny is your answer. If you are still undecided about hiring a nanny, or you are concerned with justifying the expense, think seriously about what confinement will be like without any help. Hiring a confinement nanny is not just an option, it’s your right! Every mother deserves to have peace of mind, stressless and sufficient rest when recovering from post-delivery.
by Confinement Care Malaysia | Dec 23, 2018
Considering the fact that you and your newborn will spend most of the time, for at least 28 days, with a confinement nanny day in and day out, if you decided to hire one. As such, it is important to ensure that you engage a right and good confinement nanny who fulfilled the following criteria:
First, a good confinement nanny will have a positive attitude.
You want your nanny to be friendly, easy to deal with, and know how to stay happy during the 28-days. A nanny who is happy will be able to pass her happiness to the baby. A good nanny should not be moody and will not constantly complain about the things around her. A nanny who possesses positive attitudes will be able to look at the positive side of things and put you and your baby at ease whenever either one of you feels anxious.
Second, babies will be her main priority.
You will know quickly if a nanny genuinely loves babies and knows how to handle them, by watching the first thing she does when she steps into your house. She should put your baby as her top priority, and hold the baby, and starts taking care of him or her right after she arrives at your house. A good nanny will be loving and caring and will bond very well with your baby.
Third, attentiveness to the needs of the mother is key.
Besides the baby, a good nanny will know how to take good care of you during the whole confinement period. She must also be knowledgeable to provide the right advice and support, making sure that you receive the right amount of rest, and getting the right nutrients through her confinement cooking and tonic preparations. If you plan to breastfeed your newborn, she should be able to provide you with the right support and guidance whenever possible.
Forth, a good nanny should have prior nanny experiences/good references.
A good nanny should be able to provide good references from her previous clients. If you are hiring an individual confinement nanny, check her prior nanny experiences or talk to someone who had previously engaged her confinement services. If you are going through an agency, check if they only use confinement nannies that have adequate years of experience and amount of knowledge.
In summary, it is not difficult to find a good confinement nanny who possesses positive attitudes and yet is highly experienced and knowledgeable about the job. Looking for a confinement nanny in Malaysia? Check out Confinement Care Malaysia, the one-stop confinement care provider in Malaysia.